"Oriens per Aestus Estus"
"Rising with the Tide"
||Leo Vincent Rousse
|| None Presently
|| Rising With the Tide
||Blue and Green
|| Crafts, Warfare
| House Overview
The Rousse family is another one of the most well-respected and important families of Terre d'Ange. With a long and strong history ripe with naval accomplishments, it is no wonder that today the family possesses a majestic fleet of military and trade ships. Much of this trade takes place in the port city of Marsilikos, thus keeping both the Rousse and Mereliots quite close in their interactions with one another. Still to this day there is a strong friendship between these two families.
As a result of the Rousse family's extensive history in trade with various nations, they have established many positive relationships with numerous foreign lands.
The main export of the Rousse holdings is ochre. Other provincial exports include: chestnuts; almonds; wool; and wax.
| House History
The history of the House of Rousse is one steeped strongly in naval history. While always a prominent member of the d'Angeline peerage, as well as the international trade scene, the Rousse family's most prominent historical point of note is that of the family's ancestor, Admiral Quintilius Rousse.
It is also no surprise that many of the Rousse family members bear many mixed traits of foreign blood due to their wide spread of trade throughout the world. The Royal Admiral himself was the grandson of a Serenissiman and was best known for his friendship with Phedre no Delauney and her mentor, Anafiel Delauney. It was by the Admiral's fleet that Phedre crossed the Straits and was able to recruit the Dalriada and Albans to reclaim Drustan's throne and come to aid Terre d'Ange in their upcoming war with the Skaldi. Later, Quintilius sired a son by the Lady of the Dalriada, Eamonn mac Grainne, who was a key player in events of Imriel de la Courcel's life.
The previous Duc was known for his 'foreign sympathies' and attended the diplomatic mission to Milazza, subsequently marrying Illysa Visconti, the daughter of the Duc Milazza. He was declared dead after he was lost at sea and partial wreckage of the ship that he was on was found off the coast where Eisande meets Milazza. He left no known heirs.
His cousin, the current Duc, acted quietly as Duc Regent during the investigation and later assumed the Ducal Seat outright after publicly declaring his cousin officially dead. No other claimants have publicly challenged the ascension but the somewhat suspicious nature of the prior Duc's death, the swift and seemingly planned occupation of key Rousillon economic and military assets, and the effective information blackout during the shadow regency have sparked quiet murmurs of an outright coup in Rousillon. With such scandal surrounding the story, perhaps none are surprised that Duc Leo has been absent from court for some time. Yet his return must be imminent, for business in Eisande requires his swift attention.
- Duchy of Rousse
- Marquisate of Sombreuil
- Viscomte of Vauban
- Barony of Embrun
- Barony of Valloire
- Viscomte of Barcelonnette
- Barony of Orres
- Barony of Colmars
- Comte of Draguignan
- Viscomte of Var
- Barony of Lérins
- Barony of Montferrat
- Viscomte of Castellane
- Barony of Entrevaux
- Barony of Grasse
| Family Tree
Note on Family Trees:Trees are not set in stone; names and genders can be changed easily enough for those wanting to take a character over. Numbers of siblings will require a very good justification, as will numbers of living family members overall.
The Edouardian Branch - The Edouardian Branch of the House of Rousse became the senior line with the ascension of Edouard Pierre Rousse, Marquis de Sombreuil, as Duc de Rousse. Ages are unofficial and fungible to a degree.
- Edouard Pierre Rousse, Duc de Rousillon (d)
- Wife: Therese Mereliot Rousse (d)
- Son: Edouard Thierry Rousse, Duc de Rousillon (d)
- Wife: Veronique Delaunay (d)
- Son: Vincent Rousse, former Comte de Sombreuil (50s)
- Wife: Sophie Margueritte Shahrizai (d)
- Son: Leo Vincent Rousse, Duc de Rousillon (35)
- Mistress: Lucretia Stregazza (33)
- Son: Luciano Stregazza (8) (Acknowledged Illegitimate Bastard)
- Brother: Andreas Victoire Rousse (d)
- ???: Unknown Carthaginian Woman
- Son: Severin Adoni Rousse (recognized), Comte of Nimes (d)*
- Wife: Elena Paquet (d)
- Son: Jacques Paquet Rousse, Comte of Nimes (29) (d)
- Son: Arcturus Paquet Rousse|, Comte of Nimes (25)
- Daughter: Victoria Paquet Rousse (22)
- Wife: Crystaline Perigeux Rousse
- Son: Armand Lezare Rousse, Baron de Aveyron (56)
- Wife: Sophie Sommerville Rousse
- Son: Paul Gerard Rousse (Heir) (24)
- Daughter: Mariebelle Jolene Rousse, Baroness de Servian (22)
- Daughter: Caroline Millicente Rousse (19)
- Annabelle Dianne Rousse, Viscomte of Lodeve (52)
- Husband: Terrance Maignard Rousse
- Son: Gilbert martin Rousse, Baron de Millau (20)
- Daughter: Anne-Louise Pascale Rousse, Baroness de Frontignan (18)
- Daughter: Sarah Rousse Grosmaine (50)
- Daughter: Camille Sidonie Rousse, Priestess of Eisheth (48)
The Jacobite Branch - Claiming heritage from the same great-great-grandfather as the Edouardian Branch, the members of the Jacobite branch (so named for their progenitor, Jean Jacques Rousse, and the popular use of 'Jacques' in the names of sons) traditionally hold the title of Viscomte of Blagnac, as well as its attached baronies.
Other Cadet Lines
- Alexandre Edmund Rousse (d)
- Wife: Amie Lianne Baphinol de Rousse (43)
- Marcellus Rousse - (former?) Consort to Duchesse Angevin de Mereliot
- Char Page needs to be revised in accordance with new PCs